Forwarding Position Openings? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

AHME forum » Program Administrator Forum » Forwarding Position Openings? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dorlovsk (Dorlovsk)
Username: Dorlovsk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When businesses outside of your institution forward you job openings and request you send them to all of your residents, do you do it?

Duane Orlovski
University of Minnesota

Ahartford (Ahartford)
Username: Ahartford

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We didn't want to be viewed as supporting one recruiter/organization and not another if we didn't forward an email, therefore, we don't share this info with the entire trainee group. We leave the decision up to the individual program directors.

Silvaka (Silvaka)
Username: Silvaka

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would receive calls from private attending offices, military, as well as recruiters. I asked my residents if they wanted to receive these emails and they always said yes. So I would forward them on. I was even asked to forward to them when they left to do fellowships just so they would be informed of available local opportunities. Some institutions do not have a resident retention program so this is the only source they have to be exposed to other opportunities.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration