Meal Allowance Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

AHME forum » Program Administrator Forum » Meal Allowance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pfierro (Pfierro)
Username: Pfierro

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems to me that resident meal allowance originated from the days where residents routinely worked 18+ hour shifts. I'm not sure if I am correct, but I'd be curious to know if Institutions have revised their meal allowance reimbursement to reflect decreased duty hours. I am looking for a fair and competetive system to reimburse residents. Any suggestions on how your Institution handles meal allowance would be appreciated (including amount of reimbursement or has anyone discontinued?).
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mkauper (Mkauper)
Username: Mkauper

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We debated it at GMEC, reviewed actual schedules and made changes, effective July 1, 2012. We now only provide funds for those who are scheduled for continuous in house shifts of 24+ hours. We did increase the amount per call and load the entire amount at the begining of the year.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration