Post Number: 14
|Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 02:58 pm: ||
Not sure if I should put this on the Coordinator or GME Thread but I'll try here first.
I'm curious to know how many GME Office's offer Coordinator Retreats within their own institution and have some of the "senior" coordinators give some of the sessions. If you have/do offer or have been to this type of "retreat", what type of topics were discussed?
Post Number: 33
|Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:19 pm: ||
As GME director, I coordinate the annual "coordinator convention." I ususally invite or hire 2 local speakers for each convention. I host the conference away from campus, usually at a hotel.
Topics from the past few years:
1. Organization (I hired a professional organizer to talk about file organization, desk organization, email organizaiton, etc)
2. Recruitment Stategies & Marketing (I had the director of our marketing department present.)
3. Generation Differences: The Boomers, Xs & Ys (I had someone from HR talk)
4. Disruptive Residents (I have scheduled a mental health professional to talk to the group)
5. Community Service Projects (I have scheduled someone from a local volunteer center to talk about projects that the residency programs could become involved in to give back to the community)
Post Number: 108
|Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:24 pm: ||
We don't have a retreat but our "lead" coordinator holds a monthly meeting which follows our GMEC meeting.
Post Number: 15
|Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:44 pm: ||
Thanks Amy... those are some great ideas.
Jeff - we have our monthtly meetings as well but we were thinking there are some specific things that we might want to take some time out to review and gain some feedback at the same time. (i.e. How to complete a PIF, VISA issues, File Management...) What does your "lead" coordinator discuss with the coordinators at the monthly meetings? If you don't mind me asking.
Post Number: 1
|Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:53 pm: ||
Hi. "Lead" coordinator checking in.
I typically provide feedback from the GMEC meetings to the coordinators. I make them aware of anything that pertains to their program that they may not have heard from their Program Directors. It's also an opportunity for them to ask any questions, share any information, ideas or tips, or just to "vent".