Letters to Specialty Programs from T... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

AHME forum » Transitional Year Program Forum » Letters to Specialty Programs from TY program « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cfgiesa (Cfgiesa)
Username: Cfgiesa

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please see the excerpt below:

"The letter must come from your PD and to be specific, the first paragraph must state that you have successfully completed your internship and the second paragraph must be in the form of a recommendation, must be dated within the last 6 months"

I start receiving similar requests from the residency programs in January. This year the Transitional Year program will end on June 22nd. I have tried to push back, but the residency programs insist that they need the information.

I have an ethical problem sending a letter to a residency program or GME office stating that a resident has completed the program when the academic year has 5-6 rotations left to complete. I have tried to write that the resident "is on schedule to complete the program on June 22nd barring any unanticipated issues" but the programs will not accept this.
Does anyone have suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration